[pct-l] March 5th and 6th Hike - Update

A quick look at the satellite photos and forecasts from the National Weather Service http://www.nws.noaa.gov/ indicates that the worst of the weather is now passing by. Clear skies behind.

Can I get a quick count of who's still interested in the 74/Fobes hike?
Tomorrow, I'll be FAX'ing the permit application.

Hike Summary:
Saturday:
Start at PCT/Hwy 74 (5k). We'll shuttle a vehicle up to the Fobes Saddle run-out trail for our return ride back to the trailhead.
Hike approx 8 miles to Live Oak Spring (6.7 miles to trail junction to Live Oak Spring at 6.7k, then a mile down to the campsite at 5.4k) with a total of 1.7k gain, then a loss of 1.3k.

Camp at Live Oak Spring.
BYO for "cocktail hour" and trail stories by candle lantern!

Sunday:
Hike from Live Oak Spring a mile (and 1.3k) back up to the PCT, then 8.3 miles to Fobes Saddle at the run-out trail (6k), then down the run-out trail to our shuttled vehicle (a mile or so, depending on where we can park) at 5.4k (Fobes Ranch).
Finish up at Paradise Caf? for "The best burger on the PCT"
Total mileage = 17 miles (+/-)
Lowest elevation = 5k
Highest elevation = 6.7k

Camp should be below snow level.
Water should be plentiful.
Temps could get chilly.

Let's DO THIS!

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m