[pct-l] gas stoves

While alcohol stoves seem to be the most popular on the AT, I saw a fair number of canister stoves being used, along with a few white gas stoves.  They are decidedly in the minority, though.  There are a few solid fuel (eg, Esbit) users out there as well.  I have never seen one thruhiker ridicule another, at least to their face, about choice of gear.  Still, the white gas user will definitely draw attention, as will, say, those hiking in mountaineering boots through the desert.

Suge

Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett