[pct-l] Bear cannister idea

The shape and, more importantly, the size of the currently marketed
cannisters are supposed to make it difficult for a black bear to gain any
purchase whatsoever with it's jaws. Otherwise, maybe it could crush the
material if it worked at it long enough. Is a 7" diameter adequate?

If these cannisters actually get used, would they qualify as 'approved' by a
ranger? The worst scenario is that the cannister fails and you lose your
food altogether. How do we test this? While it will be good fun to watch
Switchback's bear testing routine, how do you really know what a bear can
do? I know they can do alot more than we credit them with... that's why
people lose food to bears.