Subject: FW: special event?
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:08:15 -0800
From: "Michal Drannen" <michal.drannen@powells.com>
To: <naturboy@cruzio.com>

Hi Jim,
We are hosting author's Angela and Duffy Ballard at our Hawthorne store on April
7th for a talk/slideshow of their book "A Blistered Kind of Love".
"They're not sure which came first-falling in love with each other, or falling
in love with the idea of hiking the Pacific Crest Trail (Mexico to the Canadian
border). At the trailhead, they were warned that there would be tears, that each
would have to find their own separate pace, and that at times the tent would
seem awfully small for the two of them. They were told that their biggest
obstacles to success would be.each other.
Their first surprise: freeze-dried meals do funny things to your GI tract. Their
first fight: when Angela noticed that Duffy's long legs propel him along the
trail faster than she can muster. But on they pressed- encountering snakes,
bears, and fellow thru-hikers with trail names like Crazy Legs and Catch 23.
They baked in the deserts of Southern California, gazed awestruck at the snowy,
serrated peaks of the High Sierra, and attempted to hide from Northern
Washington's seemingly incessant rain. 132 days later, they made it-blisters and
all."

Our Burnside store is participating in First Thursday on the 7th. All the
galleries in the Pearl district change out their art that day and open up their
spaces at night. Our Burnside store has a gallery on the 3rd floor.

On April 8th, our Burnside store will feature a talk with several local authors
about the Lewis and Clark expedition.

Hope this helps plan your stay.
Michal