[pct-l] Curious . . .

Rafter Jack wrote:
NO reports , comments , discussions , broadcasts , descriptions - charts ,
reams of data , photos , etc., etc. etc., here on this site from you folks
there now living through history making weather . Phenomenal history making
weather !
>   Unheard of conditions I think / suppose / gather from the eastern media
> , etc .
>   THIS IS virtually unprecedented moisture , rain / snow / storms , RIGHT
> NOW .- ; HISTORY , right now .

Well, that tells you more about the media than So Cal weather.  The recent
rainfall amounts and certainly the rainfall rates aren't unprecedented.  In
37 years I've been here there have three times been higher rates, higher
rainfall total over several days, and higher LA river level.  Back in 1937
or 38 was the all-time record in the San Gabriels.  This year isn't close.