From: "JOHN F PATTERSON" <yuppatt@sbcglobal.net>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 5:49 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Curious . . .

>    From the very first pieces of trail literature I came across as I
prepared myself to travel west and attempt a hike of the Pacific Crest Trail
I was ' deluged ' with description after vivid description as to / on the ,
arid - desert like conditions therein in it ' s southern most regions : the
6 year drought , the low annual rainfall figures , the empty - low
reservoirs / the Colorado River drainage being drained ; my first extremely
hot days at Bob Reiss ' s house in San Diego - the harsh view below from the
aircraft as we flew west over my future path north .
>    Etc . , Etc . , Etc .
>    Is it me or does it not seem curious that I am seeing NO reports ,
comments , discussions , broadcasts , descriptions - charts , reams of data
, photos , etc., etc. etc., here on this site from you folks there now
living through history making weather . Phenomenal history making weather !
>    Unheard of conditions I think / suppose / gather from the eastern media
, etc .
>    THIS IS virtually unprecedented moisture , rain / snow / storms , RIGHT
NOW .- ; HISTORY , right now .
>    Folks who have only been to the region are coming up to me here in the
east and talking about it but no one focuses on such here in this site where
I would most expect to see such ..