From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Ken Davis
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:42 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [BULK] - [pct-l] Fire Permit

Hi all,

I remember reading a couple of weeks ago that we need to get our hands
on a fire permit to use our stoves on the trail in CA.  I was hoping to
find a link to some information on that subject on the PCT website, but
have been unsuccessful.  Do I have to go to a ranger station to get one?
If so, I'll be flying into San Diego and will have a day to pick one up.
Would anyone know where the closest ranger station from the airport is
located?

Thanks,
Ken Davis
kgdavis970@earthlink.net