[pct-l] Failed canister was Fire Permit

The failed canister you refer to is no doubt the BearVault BV100 which we
made last year. We had a manufacturing defect with the 2 piece lids which
lead to several failures in the field and the SIBBG revoking the approval of
that model only.

Earlier when we became aware of the manufacturing defect we immediately
switched vendors and changed the design; the BV110B/200 was born.  We have
been shipping only models with the new lid since April 2004. We have been
offering everyone who has the 2 piece lid a free replacement lid made to the
new design; www.bearvault.com has the details. We believe we have replaced
about 90% of the 2 piece lids out there.

Thank you.

Jamie and Cindy
Hikers and BearVault owners