[pct-l] Fire Permit

Hi all,

I remember reading a couple of weeks ago that we need to get our hands on a fire permit to use our stoves on the trail in CA.  I was hoping to find a link to some information on that subject on the PCT website, but have been unsuccessful.  Do I have to go to a ranger station to get one?  If so, I'll be flying into San Diego and will have a day to pick one up.  Would anyone know where the closest ranger station from the airport is located?

Thanks,
Ken Davis
kgdavis970@earthlink.net