[pct-l] The inner me - and thigh rash!

Hi,

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, Monty Tam wrote:
>> The worst thing about hiking is getting an awful rub burn between my
>> chubby little legs. How do we go about stopping that inner thigh rash
>> from happening?
>
> Duct tape the spots early.

I've never tried that. What works for me (and was mentioned here by
others) is to apply (gelatinated) alcohol as soon as I feel the rash
starting. Even if the skin already started getting red the alcohol does
wonders. It might burn badly for 30 seconds but the problems disappear
overnight. (Just one application of alcohol might stop the progress.)

> I found a Breathable Micromesh and there's a new type of mesh just coming
> out with extreme ventilation and wicking.  Get black ones so you don't have
> to wash them.

I fully agree. But I like dark blue. ;-)

Ilja.