[pct-l] Yogi's guidebook, I can't take it anymore

Ok, so I read Scott's first post.  Seemed pretty clear.  Nice suggestion.  If the venture is a money loser, then why not make it a PDF?  Helpful suggestion. Nothing mean or malicious about it.  When I read Scott's post, it seemed really, really clear what he was getting at. He wasn't asserting that it _should_ be free.  Only that if it was costing Yogi money to publish, she might consider giving it away instead.  Not an order or a judgement.  Seemed pretty straight forward.

Then, I watched as a sequence of posts come through with a rather bent version of things.  It seems that people think Scott was telling Yogi to give her work away.  Then, they felt some need to defend Yogi.  But, defending her from what?  Friendly advice to help her save money?  Since it is a money loser, this is all the advice was.  However, people seem to have blown it up into a great mountain, just like bear cannisters and bikes.  Scott's definitely gotten the brunt of criticism on this, and I think for no good reason whatsoever.

I'm sorry for adding to the all the trash that has come through under this subject heading, and promise that I won't put out anything else under this heading to the PCT-L.

Suge

Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett