[pct-l] 2005 revision of "Yogi's PCT Handbook"

You go girl The book  costs $25, the revisions $12 or $13; anyone who doesn't
want to pay that little  amount is stupid:  1. You'll save at least $100
worth of mistakes before  you ever start your hike, and probably more;  2. You'll
save more money in  having better knowledge of what to expect, knowledge
that's not in the 3  Guidebooks; and  3. You won't have to depend on others on your
hike,  bum from them in some way on your hike, or ask stupid questions
because you  won't spend a few bucks to do your homework and don't have Yogi's info
with you  on your hike.
    If you can't buy the book, you're just kidding  yourself about having
money to do the hike. I'd be embarrassed to ask some of  the questions I see on
this list, by people who won't do their homework first,  or by people too lazy
to do their homework first. Am I perfect? Hell no, but I  read all the PCTA
books, 6-8 thru hike stories already on my bookshelf the  past 20 years, and
lurked on this list for a long time before I opened my mouth.  (And there's the
opening for some of you to tell me I should keep it  shut - have at it!)

Sorry, I'll get off the soapbox. Besides Yogi needs $25 from you, to get
bionic work done on her "legs of steel"; she's worked them very, very hard  - 4
times in 5 years - and most of us appreciate it very, very much,  Yogi.

In a message dated 2/17/05 10:31:01 P.M. Central Standard Time,