[pct-l] energy bar recipe

I've been playing with this recipe for a few years. Here is its current incarnation.  These don't stick together as well as commercial energy bars. I wrap them in saran wrap and put them in a ziploc.  Sometimes they end up as very tasty crumbs.  We use different nut butters, fruits and nuts to vary the flavor.
Energy Cookies
4 cups dried fruit, chopped
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup butter or soy margarine
1/2 cup nut butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs (or egg replacer equivalent)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup dry milk powder (reg or soy)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup liquid milk or soy milk.
Cream butter, brown sugar and nut butter. Add eggs and vanilla.  Mix together milk powder, baking powder, salt, baking soda, flour and wheat germ.  Add this to creamed mixture alternating with liquid milk.  Stir in oats. Dough will be very stiff. Stir in nuts and fruit.
Press/spread dough into two greased 9 x 13 pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Allow to cool in pan then cut into bars. Wrap and store--freeze if it will be a few weeks before you will be using them.
You can also make them as drop cookies, bake 13-15 minutes on greased cookie sheet. These are more crumbly.

Connie