From: "George Ackerman" <gea5775@yahoo.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 1:33 PM
Subject: [pct-l] shoes

> Thanks steel-eye,
> I think this summer I will experiment with large sneakers. I just might
buy a couple of pair to try the different sizes with day hikes and my
remainder of the long trail hike. LL Bean has a great garentee, If it
doesn't work, they take it back. I may find the half size is good for day
hikes and a large pair is good for an extended trip. I will let you know if
the shoe topic comes up again next fall.
> Here is another question. Do most of the ultra light folks carry a pair of
camp shoes? I never did, even with my heavy pack. But what about river
crossing?