From: Matt Bradley <bodhisattvavow@hotmail.com>
Sent: Feb 15, 2005 8:48 PM
To: PCT-L <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] shoes

"Here is another question. Do most of the ultra light folks carry a pair of
camp shoes? I never did, even with my heavy pack. But what about river
crossing?"

I don't usually use camp shoes.  I find that I am usually comfortable using
my trail shoes in crossings and I prefer to go barefoot in camp.  However, I
am thinking about trying some Crocs (http://www.crocs.com/index.asp).  A
fellow I talked to at www.backcountrygear.com reccomended them to me so I
went to the local G.I. Joe's and walked around in a pair for a while.  They
are very, very comfortable, apparently some people are using them for hiking
now.  Also, they weigh something like one ounce for the pair, outrageous!
Peace and Love,
Matt