[pct-l] My footwear experiences

One more suggestion -- try trekking poles. The poles can help you
maintain your balance and easily recover if you start to loose your
balance or footing.

When hiking I use a pair and swing them alternately along. It is a
simple motion but hard for me to describe. Thus I almost always have two
points of balance (one foot and one pole) which helps avoid balancing
maneuvers which can put stress on the outside of the foot.

Have you tried consciously turning your feet in some to get a better
stance. I tend to turn out my right foot too much which causes knee
pain; then I again conscciously correct my stance and get the situation
back in line.

John