[pct-l] Masia

Of course I have an opinion on the Masia...  If anyone has any ?'s about Montrail running shoes I would be happy to answer.  I'm on the Montrail/ Patagonia trail running team.

The Masia.  I like them but only on gravel flat trails or roads.  The longest run I ran in them was a 50k (31 miles) a race through the streets of San Fran.  They were great!!!  I have trained in them where I run on the trails in the Bay Area.  I noticed in sand, some how it works it's way into the shoe.  More so then the other Montrails I use.  A lot of my team mates like them.  They are very light weight.  I don't think they have enough protection on rocky trails.

I use my shoes for only 300 miles.  I then use new one's it's just me.  I notice the Masia's lost their spring after 200 miles.

My new faves are the Highlines.  I also love the Hardrocks.  I will use these two on the PCT.  Last year I used the Vitesse on my Yo Yo of the JMT.  My feet were sore the last 60 miles.  Love those shoes two.  Great ankle support and protection from rocks.

Cheers,
Catra "Dirt Diva"