[pct-l] shoes

Thanks Llamalady,
This old dog is learning some new tricks. Last year on a hike in the white mountains of NH I talked to a bunch of thru hikers on the AT. I took some great hints and was proud to have my pack with water food and fuel weigh in at 29 pounds for 9 days out. I plan on getting it lower, but I'm of to a great start. The new pack is next. I have been reading the notes over the last few weeks. In 78 I used a 5000 cubic inch external frame. Stuff was tied on top, bottom, and out side at times. Im not sure just how small of a pack to get now. I feel a little big is better than to small, but I am also thinking that may be the olod dog in me.
Wolfclan
GA to ME 78