[pct-l] Gortex trail runners

Saskia wrote:

> I use the REI short gaiters made out of Schoeller material: it's the same
> used in soft shells. They seem to be working pretty well. Starting using
> them was the best change in our outfit we made these last months.

I have long pitched the value of gaiters. For trial runners they shold be
mandatory. For thru-hikers, I'd recommend them for anywhere you have grit,
sand, dust, loose dirt, snow--almost anywhere. A pair will last the whole
trail and help keep your feet in better condition. My free newsletter
usually talks about gaiters every other month.

John Vonhof
http://www.footworkpub.com
Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes, 3rd edition
Subscribe to the free monthly ezine on foot care at my website