[pct-l] Flying from Vancouver to So. Cal

You need to prove citizenship to enter the US.  A drivers license does not prove citizenship.  At the Peace Arch crossing, I've been repeatedly told that a drivers license and a birth certificate do not qualify as proving citizenship.  It does not matter if I think this is foolish or if it seems contrary to what the law requires.  The border agents have a lot of discretion, such as putting people through an hour question-and-answer session because the person happened to visit Syria and Lebanon during their winter vacation.

Entering Canada, I rarely have to show much, although I usually have my passport on me.

Suge

Christopher Willett
cwillett@pierce.ctc.edu
www.pierce.ctc.edu/faculty/cwillett