[pct-l] Foot size change

Shane wrote "A couple of people now have mentioned that their
feet did not change or barely changed during the
thru-hike.  Now I'm curious, how many of those
who had no change in their feet were active long
distance hikers before the PCT?  How many whose
feet did change were active long distance hikers?"

I was one whose shoe size did not change during my 2004 thru-hike of the PCT. That was my first long-distance hike. In the months (and years) before the beginning of the hike I ran 30 to 40 miles a week and usually had a dayhike of 12 - 20 miles on the weekend. Although the closer the day came to start the hike the less time I had to run or hike and so the distance tapered off. My hiking partner who shared the same pre-thru-hike runs and dayhikes did not experience a shoe size change during the thru-hike either. Buzz