[pct-l] PCT Hiker Oasis

Jason  Glad you asked this one.

Hiker Oasis?
This was my first trail angel hospitality experience.

I just arrived at a deluxe water cashe on a dirt road roadside.  I was
smelly, sweaty, and dirty.  A van pulls up. Paul and a hiker get out.  The
hiker calls out, "I just got a shower." He was dressed in shorts and a
clean Hawaiian shirt.  God, that sounded good.  All I had to do was get in
the van and I'd get a shower.
We got to Paul's place.  We walked by a plush manicured grassy area.  "You
can camp there" Paul said.  Wow, I can stay the night.
As we walked toward it, I saw his shower building, but he said "First
you've got to sign in."  Well O.K....to get a shower.
I signed a register and he hands me a towel.  I'm off........."Wait.
There's your shirt, shorts and Flip-flops."
"What for?"  puzzled.
With a loud voice Paul said "So we can do your laundry!"
He wasn't kidding.
As I'm walking away overwhelmed he hollar out "Hurry back" I turned around.
"Dinner's almost ready!"

Dinner was AYCE spagetti and salad.  Paul kept insisting if we ate it all
they'd just make more so "Eat!"

We were all sitting around STUFFED.  Paul gave his loud announcement from
up on the porch where the dinner buffet was.  "Dessert!"
Three five-gallons buckets of ice cream with five different toppings.
Fifteen minutes later Paul's out on the porch again.  "I said DESSERT!...
Come on you lightweights. Last night they ate twice as much as you."  Just
to make him happy, I had more.

To answer your question more briefly    "yes"

Warner Springs Monty