Mason Valley Tank RE: [pct-l] WP Guidebook Questions.

Meadow Ed pointed out that some might take my tongue in cheek comment about
having seen no water at the Mason Valley Tank in over 30 years. While it is
true that *I* have not seen water there, there was water there during
thruhiker season in '99, '00, and '01. I still would not expect water there
unless someone reporting finding it, particularly since that area burned in
July 2002 and the need for water for firefighting (the purpose of the tank)
is rather low.

Again, water is usually available at Pioneer Mail and where the PCT crosses
Rodriguez Canyon Truck Trail. Water is supplied to both of these tanks by
truck, so they could be lacking, but were reliable last year. Water from
these sources should also be treated, and no one should wash their clothes
(or worse) in them.

AsABat