[pct-l] Bear Aware.."Bear Country" starts in section A !!!

"Bear Country" starts right here in Section A........black bears take the
PCT under I-10 from the san gorgonio wilderness now and again and head
sobo.....

In recent years there have been many confirmed sightings in San Diego
County:

  a.. August 2000-Separate sightings at Palomar Mountain, Cuyamaca Lake, and
upper Pine Valley.

  b.. June 2000-Separate sightings at Palomar Mountain (Forest Service
Campground), Cuyamaca Lake, and Pine Valley.

  c.. May 2000-Two black bears were reported on Palomar Mountain.

  d.. April 2000-Bear hit by a car in Box Canyon (Anza-Borrego State Park),
ran off after accident.

  e.. January 2000-Another brown colored black bear was sighted In the
Palomar Mountain area.

  f.. December 1999-Confirmed report of treed bear in Ramona, northeast of
San Diego.

  g.. September 1999-Confirmed sighting and photograph of a brown colored
black bear at Fry Creek on Palomar Mountain.

  h.. July 1999-Confirmed sightings of a black bear in Cuyamaca
Mountains/Pine Hills.

  i.. June 1999-Confirmed sightings of a brown colored black bear near the
La Jolla Indian Reservation and San Luis Rey picnic area.

  j.. May 1999-Two bears spotted near Warner Springs.

  k.. 1994-A female cinnamon colored black bear confirmed near Highway 76,
Lake Henshaw, and the San Luis Rey picnic area.