[pct-l] Pepperoni, Salami, etc.

Summer sausage has long been a staple of my long
distance hiking diet.  It keeps ~5 days in  pack (all
the chemicals! :D), works well on bagles or tortillas
and gives my body some needed fat and protein. Most
summer sausage is at the 100 calories to 1 oz ratio
that is suggested for backpacking food as well.

For grins, I kept track of (as closely as I could) all
the food I ate when I hiked the Colorado Trail this
summer. Put the calories in a pie chart. See how much
of the calories I ate in 21 days  that came from
summer sausage. Interesting...and disturbing! :D

http://gallery.backcountry.net/magsct04/ajf

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com