From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of JoAnn M.
Michael
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 9:29 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Fear

Being a section hiker my fears are of varying degrees of the thru-hikers
and/or just plain different.

Please do not laugh or tease me...I am terrified of snakes. So much so I am
seriously considering skipping some of Section A. I have hiked from Lake
Morena to Scissors Crossing. I need to do from Scissors to Barrel Springs
(I've done from there to Warner Springs). I am unable to listen to stories
of snakes and can just barely view them.  To think of meeting a big one on
the trail all but makes me sick to my stomach...I got it bad.  BTW, my fear
has nothing to do with being poisonous or not; it is completely neurotic
(psychotic??).

Now my question, I made it through the above areas without seeing one. What
do you guys think are my changes for the portion remaining? Is there an area
through Section A where they are more prevalent than another? If so, where?
I know no one can guarantee me anything. No horror stories please. I'll just
need to delete and miss the essence of your post.  And, I hike a lone.

Thanks ahead of time for any feedback.

JoAnn