[pct-l] Fear

Hi JoAnn,

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, JoAnn M. Michael wrote:
> Please do not laugh or tease me...I am terrified of snakes.

The only time I saw rattlers was in the San Gabriels in spring. But they
where rolled up in a bush and didn't want to come out.

Now I saw (probably not poisonous) snakes in Sequoia (even on 12'000 ft
swimming in a small lake) and a tiny, cute 2 inch snake in Lassen next to
the PCT. So, just skipping the desert won't cut the mustard. You probably
will have to skip the whole PCT to avoid them. ;-) So, you will have to
get used to them - or hike in winter.

Ilja.