[pct-l] Speed and getting eaten

I' ve never really understood why people get so worked up when someone
else chooses to hike quickly or attempt a speed record.  It's not a
competition unless YOU choose to make it one.  I admire anyone who can
cover the PCT in record time and I also admire Roni for his 9-1/2
month AT Thru-hike!  What makes them both admirable to me that each
hiker enjoyed their journey, did it the way they wanted & acheived
their personal goal.

Last years JMT hike only whetted my appetite.  Hopefully things will
come together to try a 2006 PCT thru-hike.  Mine won't set any speed
records, nor will it be 9-1/2 months!

David D.
dajada@gmail.com