[pct-l] Southern California Water Reports

I will once again compile water reports for Southern California (Southern
terminus to Kennedy Meadows). The key word is "compile" as I rely on hikers
to send me info. The best way to do this is just post it here to PCT-L so
everyone gets updates, but if you have extensive or detailed reports send it
to me direct as well so I don't miss it. I'll also prowl the online trail
journals and extract anything I can.

I removed most reports from before summer since they are outdated... but not
much need with all the rain we're getting. Keep those reports coming,
especially those section hikers and early-birds before the ADZPCTKO. Your
reports are a big help to those coming after you.

This report does NOT replace the need for the guidebook, Data Book, Yogi's
book, or any other book. Water sources are mostly described only with
milepost and you will need those books to find the water in some cases. If I
receive more detailed first-hand information on locating water I do include
that. Caches are located with vague descriptions but should never be relied
on for life.

I had hoped to move this to the PCTA website this year, but just haven't
found the time to reformat it in a way that would allow easy editing by
multiple editors. Hopefully I'll work that out in the coming year. (Sorry,
Angela!)

I will be at ADZPCTKO (www.pct77.org/adz) this year and will bring some
copies. Last year I brought 125 copies and ran out fast, so print them
before you leave if you can and update from the bulletin board at the KO.

Bill "AsABat" Jeffrey
www.4jeffrey.net/pctwater