[pct-l] an east coast hiker

I have been going through guide books and maps for about a month now, along
with reading emails.  I am an east coast hiker who has never been out west
or in major altitude, but still in decent shape.  I will have about 9-10
weeks off from college and at age 21 I want to see and do as much as I can.
I have tentatively come up with is do a three section hike spending about
3-4 weeks in Southern California, the John Muir Trail, and part of
Organ/Washington.  Do to a college schedule I wouldnâ??t be on the trail
till May 23rd, be hitting the JMT around June 13th and Washington on July
3rd.  Everything I am reading is saying the Northern dates may be too early,
is this true?  Is July 3rd too early for Washington and will June 13th be to
early for the JMT?  Will May 23rd be to late to start in the desert?  Is
this a good plan to hike three sections or should I stick to a single rout
maybe from Mexico to the end of the JMT area?  How would I go about getting
from trail head to trail head?  Iâ??ll appreciate any help.  Thanks, Dustin
Prickett