[pct-l] Fobbes Saddle Water

Just some advance planning of my next hike from Hwy 74 to Idyllwild.
Looking at AsABat's water info, the Databook and my trusty USGS 7.5'
maps, I see there's water sources at (from south to north):
Live Oak Spring (AsABat & databook)
Tunnel Spring (AsABat)
Eagle Spring (USGS)
Cedar Spring (AsABat & databook)
And...
Below Fobbes Saddle, there appears to be a "Fobbes Ranch", complete with
water tanks...

Considering from the 74 to Saddle Junction (above Idyllwild) is only
27.3 miles, it would appear that if I were to make this a weekend trip,
I have the luxury of camping anywhere between the two points. Fobbes
Saddle appears to be just over the halfway point at 15 miles.

Questions:
Where are the best campsites around or near Fobbes Saddle? Flat-sandy
spots, trees, views, sheltered, etc...
Has anyone been to the ranch to see if there's water available to PCT
hikers?
Has anyone been to Eagle Spring? It appears to be closer to the PCT than
Cedar Spring.

Recovering from minor surgery. Hope to be back on the trail within a
month!

-Oilcan

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m