From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Mike Saenz
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 11:22 AM
To: dsaufley@sprynet.com
Cc: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Campo to Morena Day Hike (was 16+ mi. dry
stretches)

Somebody once described the condition something like, "inversion
zone"??? "conversion zone"???
Something about the way the topography creates a "cold sink", trapping
colder air while warmer air is close and all around...

I had hiked the better portion of miles from Morena to Mt Laguna with a
jacket on. Partially because of the tiny bit of rain that was spitting
on us and mostly because of the bitter cold wind that was whipping
around us between the I-8 and Cibbet's Flat. We had camped at Cibbets
and it began to rain steadily after dinner. The temps chased us into our
tents. I wore every stitch of clothing and I was still chilly...
I was surprised the rain didn't turn to sleet.

In any case, I've been there when It's cold and I've been there when
it's hot. No telling what you'll encounter.

BTW- I remember the first night of ADZ last year: A fog thicker than
most I've seen before!

-Oilcan

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m