From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Matt Bradley
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2005 8:27 PM
 Subject: [pct-l] sierra transport

Hi,
    I am planning a thru-hike this season but I have to take a break in the
middle for a week or so for a graduation.  My question is this:  What would
be the best location around the beginning of the Sierra (in the south) to
leave and return to the trail.  I understand that Kennedy Meadows is pretty
remote.  Is there a betterstopping/pausing point near there?  It would be
nice if I didn't have to hitch too far and might be able to take a bus or
something.  Thanks in advance for any advice.
Peace and Love,
Matt