[pct-l] New Gossamer Gear item

Bob Bankhead wrote:

> DANGER:  call me paranoid but with all the hijack programs out there,
> this smells funny. They are asking for you to FAX your credit card
> number, security code, and expiration date as well as a lot of other
> personal information. I doubt Glen would ask us to do that.
>
> Independently verify this before you reply. Here's what the site is
> asking
> you to provide via FAX:
>
> NOW ACCEPTING PRE-ORDERS!

Bob,

It's good to be cautious, thanks for bringing that up. We are 100%
legit. Glen and I use this process from time to time. We need to use the
"pre-order by fax process" to our office here in California because of
how our computer system and inventory management work at the warehouse.
Basically, if the SpinnTwinn isn't in stock in the warehouse, you cannot
pre-order one. Therefore, by doing it manually by fax, we can keep track
of the chronology of the orders so the SpinnTwinn's can be shipped out
in the order that the orders are received. The first run will be a bit
limited so we wanted to offer the shelter on a  first come, first served
basis until it becomes "in Stock". Especially since Thru Hike season is
fast approaching.

I hope that helps to explain the process. Let me know if you have any
further questions, and feel free to call us to talk further. Thanks.

Mike Maurer
Gossamer Gear