From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Monty Tam
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 1:00 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] --and now water!

Ralph

Gate #3. San Filipe Hills between Scissors Crossing and Barrel Springs.

Charlie says there's a few gallons up there right now.  April 8th is the
first scheduled restock aided by a couple of guys hiking on the 12th,
but maybe we can run some up before that.

Warner Springs Monty

Crossing?
> Right...not very good for water in April.  I suspect by the time you
> and your wife arrive there will be a large water cashe set up by local

> Trail Angels on the trail a couple hundred yards from the
> intersection.  We'll drive by there on the way to Campo and stash you
a cashe if you need.
> Next cashe, the dreaded San Filipe Hills at Gate #3, had water last I
heard.
> I'll email Charlie Jones, the Angel of Gate #3, right now and see what

> the plans are for early April.
> 16.3 miles is the longest between water sources(provided the creeklet
> just north of campo is running and there's a good chance of that this
year).
On
> second thought wait to see if this gets confirmed.  13 miles would be
> the next longest stretch, and the two ten's before you get to Warner
Springs.