[pct-l] packs

Tried out my Vapor Trail the other day and it felt good with about 20 lbs in
it and the straps seemed to be holding. However the last two packs I've
tried I have sent back because the straps wouldnt hold and went back to my
Gregory Reality (HEAVY), one was a Kelty Flight the other a Mountainsmith
Auspex. Does anybody know of a quick fix if the straps stop holding. I hate
going down a mountain pulling the straps every ten seconds. It bewilders me
why any manufacturer would put cheap buckles etc on a pack, ruins the whole
pack.
Pat