[pct-l] aqua mira quantity

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:15:12 -0500, Eric West <ericallanwest@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ... I've heard that Aquamira isn't approved for sale in California,
> perhaps because methamphetamines can be made with it (this might be
> urban myth). ...

If that were the case, then all those pseudophedrine cold medications
could be banned.  Or the (legitimate) drug makers' lobby is stronger than
the water purification lobby.  (Actually, California has a horrific meth
problem, and many of the meth labs are right down there in the great
Central Valley, in the Fresno/Merced/Stockton area.  The manufacturing is
dangerous, the makers are often violent and ruthless, the manufacturing
waste is hazardous, and the drug causes permanent "drain bamage," leaving
its users agitated, thoughtless, emaciated, tempermental and addicted.
Bad stuff.)

But the urban rumor *I* heard is that AM's efficacy is not proven on some
state standard.  Solution:  buy it from out of state.  Do *not*
simultaneously attempt to buy 18 packages of Contac.

--
Jeffrey Neil Zimmerman
Sonoma County, The Left Coast