[pct-l] packs

Carl
I saw you win last year.  Unbelievable.  Weren't you closer to 6 or 7 lbs?
I came in last place, but in so many ways I won.
At least 5 people gave me advise for changes.  Your winning gear comination
was part of that.  I dropped to nine by
Sonora Pass.  I'll be less this year for most on the trail.

The questions:

I'm about to order the G-5, I think.  (Also the Glen's sleeping pad and the
spectra line)
How durable did you find it? I know it has no warranty and Glen's
disclaimer is only 1000 miles.   I plan to be easy on it and use another
pack for the High Sierras.

How easy would it be to repair with dental floss and spinaker cloth?

Do you have a list of your gear combo or suggested gear?  How does it
change for the different sections and weather?

Hope you can help and Thank You

Warner Springs Monty

<pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>