From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Eric Yakel
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 6:49 AM
To: Marshall Karon; mail@VictorHansonSmith.com;
pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Kearsarge Pass resupply

Don't know it this has been mentioned or an option for you.  Trail Pass is
a much shorter and easier way out to a trailhead.  In this case it would be
Horseshoe Meadows.  Very nice campground.  The walk from the PCT
is about 4 miles and mostly level.  Horseshoe Meadows is reached by
taking the Whitney road for about 3-4 miles from town and then turning
off on the cottonwood lake-horseshoe meadow road.  It is paved all the
way and has some incredible views of Owens Valley.  This may be an
option for you.  I am considering having my son bring me up a re-supply
box to this point on my thru-hike this year.  E.Y.