[pct-l] The Trail is calling...

It?s a beautiful Saturday morning.  Yesterday, after raining all day,  it
snowed an inch or three,  barely sticking.  Early this  morning, before dawn, the
moonlight created a faery forest of glinting, silvery  trees.  Sitting in the
hot tub, I  watched the eastern sky progress from blue-black through deepest
blue,   gradually lightening to gray, celadon, and finally to a bright
slivery-gray.
My  home is at the head of a canyon.  To  the southeast, 300 feet high and
500 yards away, a ridge keeps the sun from  sight until nearly 9:00 o?clock on
these short winter days. Higher up, and to  the west, the trees light up in
that golden light that is the hallmark of the  Sierra Nevada.  And, just a little
 less than twenty-five miles due west, the summit of Red Peak, eschewing its
name, juts up like the tip of an iceberg above the intervening ridges. Down
canyon a mile, where it opens up, mist is beginning to rise up in clouds where
 the sun is already working its magic.
Here at 4000 ft, the snow won?t last long.  Most likely it will be gone
today, so to  all you Children of the Trail, take heart.  Spring is in the air.  I
feel  certain that if only I were a few thousand feet higher, I could  see it
on the horizon.  The Trail is  calling.  I think I?ll sort my gear  this
morning?puruse the Guidebook... make some lists? look at  catalogs?..

"No Way" Ray  Echols