[pct-l] Driving to ADZ

Hi,

 I plan to attend the ADZ and will be driving from the San Francisco Bay Area and am willing to ride share. Please contact me if you are interested. Probably head down on Thursday evening the 21st or early Friday morning the 22nd.

Leo.From Slyatpct at aol.com  Fri Jan 28 10:21:28 2005
From: Slyatpct at aol.com (Slyatpct@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 10:37:03 2005
Subject: [pct-l] Kearsarge Pass resupply

In a message dated 1/28/2005 2:06:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
victorhansonsmith@gmail.com writes:

> I'm planning to hike over Kearsarge Pass to the Onion Valley
> Campground to resupply.  However, having thru-hiked the JMT, I am
> pretty sure that I DON'T want to interrupy my Sierra experience by
> hitching all the way into Independence.

Vic,

If you can't get your family friend to resupply you at one point you could
have a mail drop sent to the Onion Valley Campground, although this info is old
(and their website is down), you could try contacting...

MT Recreation Services
PO Box 430
Big Pine, CA 93513

If neither are an option, I try not to let my town experiences interfere with
my wilderness experiences.  My brief visit to Independence was a good one
even though I yearned to get back into the mountains. The 8 mile Kearsarge Pass
Trail was utterly awesome and well worth the extra effort.  The ask/hitch was
easy and the ride back cheap, when split with two others.

Sly