[pct-l] Re:Backpacker Magazine

Backpacker magazine reminds me of another Rodale publication, Runners World.
Seems to repackage the same 40-50 articles over and over.  Once you've read
it faithfully for a few years, you no longer really look forward to its
arrival like you once did.  In the running arena there is a specialty
magazine called Marathon and Beyond which focuses on running distances of
marathon length or longer.  It issues every two months and is configured
more like a paperback book than a typical magazine.  Most of the
contributors are runners who write about their own races and runs rather
than professional writers.  Nearly every issue has an article or two about
the history of the sport and out-of-print books are serialized.  A
delightful magazine.  Seems to me just what long distance hikers need.

Wayne Kraft