[pct-l] 2005-ers: No food boxes to the Middletons/Palm Springs

Yes the top of the TRAM is very accessable via trail and is only a few miles off the PCT.  Once at the bottom you are still a few miles from civilization.  And to answer another question the Convict Trail iCactus to Clouds) is the most elevation gain iin the shortest amount of time n the Continental US  Palm Sptings to San Jacinto 10000+ gain in 16 miles.

shutterbug

Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 1/25/2005 11:58:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
StoneDancer1@aol.com writes:

> If you havn't just spent two days at the Good Times Pub and Grill in
> Idyllwild, you might consider going into Palm Springs instead. I saw a
> boat-load of
> traffic going that way.

Speaking of Palm Springs, anyone know how far off trail or if it's possible
to hook up with the PS Tramway?

Thanks,

Sly