[pct-l] Technology on the Trail

It would be interesting to pose this same question at the kick off
party or at random on the trail.  My guess is this forum is going to
be more pro-technology than a random sampling of hikers that would
include those not following along on the net.

I flew back from Orlando yesterday & was amazed at the number of
people who couldn't even wait to get off the plane before calling from
their cell to check in with everyone & let them know they were O.K.  I
guess 15 years ago everyone must have assumed our plane had crashed
until we could call from a land line or they saw us in person.

I hate cell phones in civilization or the wilderness!

--
David D. - (who actually owns one but rarely uses it.)
dajada@gmail.com