[pct-l] Musical instruments on the trail

Eckert wrote:

> How about the soprano recorder?  They make them out of ABS nowadays,
> they can be very inexpensive (
> http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/460049/
> ) and the fingering is very similar to the flute, clarinet and sax.
> If you're an ultralite hiker, you can always claim dual usage....as a
> survival whistle <tic>

I'd be careful about taking a musical instrument.  While in high school
in the late 60s I played my recorder at Merced Lake as the sun was going
down.  Someone across the lake shouted, "Shut up!!!!!"  A number of
Yes's chorused this man's request.  That was the last tiime I've taken
an instrument hiking...

Jeff Olson
Laramie WY