[pct-l] re: Groceries Hikers Buy...TP.

Hi Donna,

My guess...  Hiker's get their maildrops at your place with the next roll of
TP, perfectly sized for what they anticipate needed for the next stretch of
trail.  They leave behind their leftover partial rolls.

Also, from what I've seen, I'm guessing that most hikers don't go quite as
stingy as might be surmised from this discussion.  It's one thing to know
about how much you need on a normal day.  It's quite another to find out how
miserable that makes you should you end up with Giardiasis or some other
intestinal bug.  Or even finding yourself out for more days than expected.
Been there, done that, don't want to do it again.

I will always carry plenty of extra TP which means I often leave my
leftovers when I get a new roll for the next stretch.

Mara

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor