[pct-l] A bit much

Judy writes:
We were thinking about coming to the Kick Off this year, but when I read what
I consider somewhat disaparaging remarks about section hikers, I wonder how
welcomed section hikers really are into the PCT community.

Judy, please do not be put off to not come to the ADZ kickoff by some of the
disparaging remarks on this list about section hikers.  You will find that on
the ADZ website the "guests" are defined as those who aspire to section or
thru-hike the PCT.  Section hikers outnumber thru-hikers 100 or 1,000 to 1.
Thus, you are in the majority in the PCT community and should be equally proud of
your accomplishments and appreciation for the PCT as any thru-hiker.

IMHO, HYOH,

Greg "Strider" Hummel
ADZPCTKO Coordinator
PCT '77 thru-hiker