[pct-l] ADZPCTKOPBOYMUIC

The first annual "ADZPCTKOPBOYMUIC" it is. Annual Day Zero Pacific Crest Trail Kick-Off Party Bring Out Your Most Useless Item Contest!

Whew.

All I ask, as newly appointed coordinator (damn you Greg!), is a small mention of said contest on the website to bring awareness to prospective thru-hikers, if they indeed care to sign up. This is especially important since the event will occur on Friday. It is important to remember that the point of such a contest won't be to ridicule anyone (other than the coordinator of said contest) but rather to enlighten (and, of course, lighten) potential thru-hikers.

As coordinator, I am now hereby seeking applicants for our "expert" panel. Anyone? To be considered for such a panel, you must have carried a full backpack to the refrigerator (and back to the couch) at least once in the past ten years. I also think it wise to have at least one thru-hiker (of the PCT or any other major long trail) from the prehistoric Stone Age era as well as some thru-hikers with a more modern-day approach. We'll need at least one female on the panel and someone of Flyin' Brian's caliber too. If anyone would like to share ideas, please feel free to. I've never been a coordinator of anything in my life; heck, my VCR still flashes "12:00" repeatedly.

I will send another such request as the event draws nearer, until our panel is full.

Nearly Sincerely,
Chuckie

Newly appointed ADZPCTKOPBOYMUIC Coordinator...."12:00"..."12:00"..."12:00"...

Strider, et al....this could be a highly entertaining event at the kick-off! A prospective thru-hiker can (if he or she chooses) show their gear in front of an "expert" panel consisting of an odd number of (odd) people. A majority ruling of 'yay' or 'nay' tells the hiker the jury's finding. Of course, the judge (the prospective hiker) has the final say on the matter and can choose to sentence themselves to a more burdensome hike if they see fit (do I sound impartial?). Besides, sending stuff home from there can't be easy anyway.

Heck, the panel can include as many people as possible to get everyone involved, though the "expert" part might then have to be disregarded.

Had I had access to such expertise I'd probably have saved thousands on chiropractic bills these past couple of years.

-Chuckie