[pct-l] weather . . .

Hey Jack
So when I saw you at Ziggy's, you were headed home?

I don't know much about comparative annual rainfall and all that.  What I
do know?... Fourteen years ago I moved to the lake next to Warner Springs
(Lake Henshaw).  More than 10 years ago I noticed people saying "The Lake
sure is low."  They still say that.

About that same time, a few people covered their lawns with gravel and
painted it green.

If the drought is only Six years old there was one before that.

A couple of years ago the owners of Lake Henshaw Resort did massive
watering trying to save some trees from the drought, still some became
firewood.

On Palomar Mountain(right here also) I've heard up to 70 % of the big trees
died due to drought.  For fire safety, they've been allowing logging, down
here, San Diego County.  Kind of strange to see a logging truck on the road
in this part on the country.

The biggest deal was, of course, the San Diego Fires.

Monty

Water , Water Everywhere " , page A10 )
>     " The heavy rains that have persisted across much of the west have
provided some much needed relief from the five year drought . . . "
>      What say you - all who live there and KNOW what ' s what ?
>      I haven ' t read all back-country mail offerings but haven ' t seen
much about the drought being thus , " Busted " .
>      A Connecticut , Yankee " , used to no end of water this is
surprising to me - seems THE subject after I walked from Mex border to Echo
Lake last summer and heard so much about the ' six ' year drought and saw
and heard about results of such : Reno fire ; Bridal Vale area fire , MANY
fires , carrying at all times [ after starting with three quarts and ending
up needing water from others - Frank, Cat and Christina ( Thank you again .
. . ) at Hauser Canyon ] six quarts ; reduced water levels at natural water
sites , and much highlighting of these conditions : in Julian the owner of
the grocery / market said more then 700 homes had been lost to fires in the
area due to the drought . . . emphasis and ' fear ' of " illegal " aliens
taking one 's water . . . " Cottonmouth " , getting a trail name as five ,
" Illegals " , woke him at Hauser Canyon at 3 AM and took all his water .