[pct-l] Golite Gust

  I have a Golite Gust that was a gift from friends.
I have yet to use it for backpacking but have used it
to haul gear on a climbing trip.  It has a larger
volume and more weight than the Breeze as it is meant
to be a climber's pack, though I was not impressed.
It lacks the side pockets that the Breeze has (side
pockets are not ususally found on modern climbing
packs as they catch on rock, etc.).  It has a
contoured foam pad that fits in an internal sleeve; by
contoured, they mean shaped which makes it utterly
useless for substituting a better and more practical
foam sleeping pad, which you can do with the Gossamer
Gear G4 and G5.  This contoured foam pad has a bad
habit of bunching up when you use the waist belt,
causing the pack to slump into a "C" shape against the
back.  I found it works better to simply insert a
rolled up sleeping pad, expand the pad within the pack
and place gear within the resulting "tube", then throw
the contoured pad out.  I have thought that maybe I
could glue a piece of plastic (like from a kid's
rollup sled) to the contoured foam pad to add some
stiffness so it carries better but that would add
weight.  Has anyone tackled this problem before with
the Gust?

Alan